Reimagining Our Worlds from Below: Panel 10

#Reimagining2022

***

The Decade of Decision:

Confronting the Global Climate and Corona Crises with Systemic Alternatives

Session organizers: John Foran, University of California, Santa Barbara (USA) and Morena Tartari, University of Southampton (UK)

Click on the presentation name to link to abstract and presenter bio.

“Earth is in the Midst of Abrupt, Irreversible Climate Change”

Guy McPherson, University of Arizona (USA)

“Communities Articulating Resistance, Hope, and Re-existence”

Shrishtee Bajpai, Kalpavriksh-Environment Action Group, India/Post-Growth Institute (USA)

3 replies
  1. Pattie
    Pattie says:

Hi everyone! I am the 2021-22 Chair of SSSP’s Transnational Virtual Initiatives Committee, the group that organized this conference. I am excited that our conference is finally here and we have a chance to hear from people who care about social problems around the world.

I wish you a good conference. I hope you will join us in this forum, just introducing yourself and sharing your thoughts, insights, questions and your own work. Welcome!

2. John Foran
    John Foran says:

I wish to thank both presenters, Shrishtee and Guy, for their talks.

Guy, you have for a long time been out in front of the severity of the climate crisis, and I appreciate your thoughts at the end on what people might consider doing in light of this. This is a conversation that many people, movements, and organizations are now taking up, and this will only become more the case as we go further into the challenges of this decade of decision. I look forward to being part of that conversation!

Shrishtee, I am always inspired by the work you are doing to highlight the stories of communities on the front lines of this crisis, who are living, creating, and collaborating to find ways to confront it. You are one of the most eloquent and perceptive scholar-activists who are contributing and sharing vital information about the pluriverse of systemic alternatives!